13 Ağustos 2009 Perşembe

Today Post::Introducing Jack

Last evening, I’d given Bella some tuna for dinner and then a cuddle and good ear scritch on the couch with me, and had just settled her back into the bathroom when Bessie called me.
She’d spent the last two hours trying to catch Bella’s sibling.
I groaned.
“Well, what did you want me to do?”  she said.  “It is Bella’s littermate.”
“Come on up,” I said, reluctantly.  Although she and I both knew I wouldn’t turn a kitten away.
It was evident the moment I saw Rescue # 2 that it was indeed a littermate.  We got it settled in with Bella - they knew each other instantly - and then we got flashlights and patrolled the alley for any more sightings.  Don’t think badly of me that I was hoping there would be no more.  There weren’t.
The good part of having two kittens in the bathroom is that there is no “Oh Lonesome MEEEEE” meowling.&! nbsp; The funny (not bad, mind you) part is that the bathroom got trashed overnight by the two playing.  Yes, I’d put in some toys - but somehow the toilet brush seemed to be more fun to drag around….
This morning, we took Number Two to see Dr. Butts (who laughed and said “Long time no see!”) and he confirmed this one was indeed a boy.  Captain Jack, christened Bessie, since he had eluded capture for so long, like Johnny Depp’s character in the Pirates movies.  So Jack it is.
Thanks to generous donations from Facebook friends, Jack’s vet bill was covered.  He had the same parasitical maladies as his sister, but not nearly as much mite-poo-buildup in his ears.  He got a clean bill of health from the vet.
Bessie’s sister gave us a bag of canned food for Bella and Jack, and now we just have to find a Forever Home for them!  I hope to find a home that takes them together, but we shall see.And without further ado, here is little Jack Sparrow ~ this! is a ce ll phone pic I took at the vet’s office - I will try to get a better picture later:

Photobucket

post signature

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder